We all owe mother earth our existence.
We are living on her landscape as visitors – the air that surrounds you, the air that you breathe is from the trees deeply rooted in her.
The nourishment all living beings consume to survive which is her creation.
As well as the ground where your house is built on to give you shelter.
The mountains, the beaches, the lakes, the fruits and vegetables that we eat as well as the water that quench our thirst on a hot day. All of the abundance that you enjoy, we owe it all to mother earth.
Today let us dedicate this day to honor mother earth.
Here are several rituals to show appreciation to mother earth and give back.
1. Honor the earth this earth day through Meditation
- Spend 15 minutes of your time (the best time to do this is when you wake up) because it’s when your brainwaves are strongest.
- Sit outdoor, remove your footwear and feel the earth on your feet
- Close your eyes and slowly connect with your breathing.
- You may light a candle or some essential oils such as Frankincense. Use a crystal to help elevate your meditation practice.
- Spend 10 minutes focusing on breathing.
- End the meditation with hands to your heart in a prayer position
2. Say a mantra or prayer and dedicate it to mother earth
A mantra could be anything that is positive, and forward-thinking.
An example of a mantra is
“I am thankful for everything I have.”
“I am nourished, I am grateful for the abundance”
Words are powerful when you meditate and pray, as your words and intentions vibrate a powerful frequency that sends out to the Universe.
Hold on to your crystals while you do this, as crystals would further intensify the power of your words. You can dedicate and manifest good health and sustainability to mother earth.
3. Give back to Mother Earth this earth day by planting
Practice the circle of life by planting a vegetable garden. By doing so you’re giving back what you took from mother earth.
Say your mantras as you do this, talk to the seeds and to the earth. Make your thoughts and intentions emotionally charged.
4. Practice Chanting
The chant “OM” allows you to connect with the vibrational forces of the earth.
The OM mantra is also an effective mean to focus and relax the mind.
Do this when you meditate today as it will connect you with mother earth.
You can practice this chant when you want to thank Mother Earth or get rid of toxic debris in your mind.
Here’s how to do an OM chant: Inhale deeply and as you exhale chant the word “OM” slowly and feel your insides vibrate.
5. Do an Earthing Ritual
Have you always had pleasant memories on the beach? It’s because of the electrons from the earth. When you are barefooted, your feet pick up electrons from the earth.
It’s a straight connection to mother earth, being one with her as your vibrations connect with the Universe’s vibration. That’s what the saying “one with nature” means.
How to do an Earthing Ritual:
- Simply go barefoot in your backyard, or in your room, even if the floor is concrete it still connects with the earth.
- Recite a mantra: “I am grounded. My spirit is grounded deep in the earth. I am calm, strong, centered, and peaceful. I am able to let go of fear and trust that I am eternally safe. I am worthy of all things beautiful.” –Carly Marie
6. Practice Self-Kindness
Commit to indulging in self-care today…You are a child of the earth, your cells, your entire body, your vibrations are one with the earth so it is also a great gift to mother earth if you will nourish yourself on this day.
Take a nice long warm bath, eat high vibration foods (fruits and vegetables), Do yoga and sleep more. Drink plenty of water which is also from the earth.
7. Spend time with nature (After the lockdown)
Go for a walk on the beach, camp in the mountains or spend time at the park. Visit botanical and vegetable gardens and appreciate what mother nature brings.
Spend earth day with your feet planted on the sand.
8. Do Mother Earth a favor by cleaning
A simple sweep in your garden or cutting your grass is a great way to honor mother earth. It’s one way to give back.
Play some classical music or meditation music while you do this, and your plants will be nourished. Spend as much time with nature as possible today.
This will magnify your meditation and help you deeply connect with the earth with higher intensity.